Suited to a Tea


Welcome to my tea. Please, have a seat; let me pour you some Lady Grey; one lump or two; cream? ....


Monday, September 30, 2013

Things Come Crashing Down

Have there been times in your life where you've felt like you've had supernatural intervention, not like creepy stuff, but times where you've felt like something really wrong could have happened but it ended up everything turned out ok?  I can name on my hand about 5 times in my life where I've felt like this personally.

Today, marks the second time I've felt like this for my girls. Today, there were "Angels encamped" around my very adventurous children....

Minding my own business, I was in the living room while my children were very intently playing in their room (this should have been my first warning signal, but I was just enjoying the fact that the girls were playing with each other so well) when all of a sudden I heard a loud crash and then the sounds of screaming...I rushed into the room and found the dresser drawer upside-down  on the floor with Bella half way pinned underneath it and Lizzie fleeing from the scene. 

At this point Bella's mouth started to bleed and Lizzie's lip was fat and her cheek was swollen with a bruise on it...I took the girls into the living room and began to check for any serious injuries, they didn't have any (thank the Lord) and finally after probing, I found out what happened. 

Bella was being the "baby" and wanted to sleep in her "crib" (the drawer) with Lizzie tucking her in...

As I inspected the scene, it occurred to me that they walked away from a potentially very serious disaster.  If the whole dresser, not just the drawer, would have fallen that would have meant the very heavy mirror on top could have fallen. I am so thankful for the Lord's protection of my kids...

I learned early in my experience as a mother that I can not prevent all things bad from happening to them, but I can have faith in the Lord to watch out for them when I can't by saying prayers for their safety.  This has become a daily habit for me. Every time I think of them, I ask the Lord to protect them...Thank you Lord again for keeping my children from any real danger...

They were both pretty shaken up and we talked about the consequences of their actions...In the midst of this object lesson, Bella tells me that, "Jesus is everywhere," and I tell her, "Yes, yes He is...even now He's keeping watch over us..."  Needless to say both were very sorry for what happened and were also afraid I was going to punish them further, I think they both learned their lesson because of the scariness of it all so I felt like further punishment wasn't necessary.

After comforting them with numerous hugs and kisses and reassuring them of their forgiveness, I was able to lay them down.

They are now soundly (safely) sleeping for their afternoon nap in spite of all the blood, bruises and bumps...

The many adventures of motherhood...

1 comment: