Suited to a Tea


Welcome to my tea. Please, have a seat; let me pour you some Lady Grey; one lump or two; cream? ....


Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Why I Feel So Good

On Sunday I roasted a whole chicken in the crockpot for the first time.  

The night before I prepared the bird with a season rub (that I made myself) and stuffed it with onions and the seasoning and placed butter and seasoning inside the skin between the muscle of the breast.  I boiled potatoes and went to bed.  I woke up at 6 AM and turned the crock pot on high.  At 12:30 we came home from church, I put the potatoes back on the stove; added milk, butter, sour cream, salt, pepper and parsley.  I microwaved some mixed veggies.  Mike got the chicken out of the crock (which was falling off the bone) and cut it up and put it on the platter.  By 1:30 PM, the plates were cleared and we were off to nap land.

Sunday night I poured water into the crock with all the bones and fat and leftovers from the chicken. I let this stew all night. By Monday morning I had home made chicken broth (stock).  I felt daring so I added more water and let the water again stew all day with the leftovers...By evening I had more stock.

Monday, I cut up the leftover chicken and made chicken salad for supper.  Mike was extremely happy with that sandwich.

Tuesday (Today) I went into our fridge and pulled out the gelatinous rich bone broth I had made Sunday night and decided to measure out 8 oz. cups and individually free it.  I even was impressed with the second batch of broth, it wasn't as dark but it was just as flavorful...I bet I could have done a third batch.  I now have in my freezer pantry 12 individual servings of ready made broth I love being able to make things that I don't have to buy from the store....

That's why I feel so good.


 
 



1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I just finished up a pot of chicken soup for John- i love making food from scratch!
    *ALSO- Your blog layout is adorable <3

    ReplyDelete