Suited to a Tea


Welcome to my tea. Please, have a seat; let me pour you some Lady Grey; one lump or two; cream? ....


Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Venison Spaghetti, Tomato Basil and Mozzarella on Homemade Bread

My Boss gave me some ground deer meat and suggested I make spaghetti out of it.  So that's exactly what I did.  I've had deer before and it can be a little gamey...if not prepared right.  But happily, this deer was not the slightest bit gamey.  I've been perfecting my homemade sauce; I added bell peppers to this recipe.  It was a success! The girls loved it and we even had it for leftovers for lunch today.  Michael was even happy. 

As a side, I brushed my homemade white bread with olive oil, diced up tomatoes, mixed with basil, garlic salt and topped it with Mozzarella cheese.  I then baked this in the oven for about 10 minites.



 
Here are my girls eating leftover spaghetti!!

 
 

 


Tonight for supper we are having corn beef, cabbage and potato soup,  I had made this a while ago and froze a portion.  I want on Wednesdays to be easy eats, because it's a pretty busy night with going to church.  So I reheated that with some rice and made this facoccia bread.  I will serve this with the soup with some olive oil. As you can see my family are big bread eaters....


 
Before going in the oven.

 
The finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment