Suited to a Tea


Welcome to my tea. Please, have a seat; let me pour you some Lady Grey; one lump or two; cream? ....


Friday, December 7, 2012

So Easily Distracted

"God forbid that we should rebel against the Lord, and turn this day from following the Lord, to build an altar for burnt offerings, for meat offerings, or for sacrifices, beside the altar of the Lord our God that is before his tabernacle."

So many times in my morning I find myself "building altars...beside the altar of the Lord."...Getting distracted by the routine of life is very easy if you are trying to read your Bible and walk with the Lord. From the moment I wake up my mind begins to race as to what I need to do for the day.  The hustle and bustle of the morning makes it extra hard to stay on track and to get alone to read my Bible... Even now my mind drifts off to what I am going to get at the grocery store...I want to build my altar "before his tabernacle" today. I hope I can stay on track.

"But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the Lord charged you , to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul."

I guess I just need to get up earlier!! Ugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment