Suited to a Tea


Welcome to my tea. Please, have a seat; let me pour you some Lady Grey; one lump or two; cream? ....


Thursday, December 6, 2012

The "Twin Beds"

Do you remember "I Love Lucy," the "Dick Van Dyke Show" and "Leave it to Beaver?" Do you remember when they would show the couples together in the bedroom? TV standards weren't allowed to show them together in the same bed, or together in the twin beds at the same time without at least one of them having their feet hanging out.  Those standards were pretty strict back then.  Now, on prime time there is no telling what kind of filth will be shown.  The TV shows of the past slowly lost those standards and the populous got use to seeing the beds, then slowly got use to seeing the couples in the beds, to the point of where we are now in 2012. 




I remember when I took a writing class in college.  My professor did a unit on the psychology of persuasion in TV advertising and all of the subliminal messaging that happens while watching either commercials or TV shows.  I remember him telling the class that billions of dollars were spent on marketing and the TV and what ever other medium was used.  "Think Tanks" gathered together to think of strategies to quietly hint at certain elements in the advertisement or show.

We can see what the TV industry is doing in the area of promoting perhaps now, not so subtly, the homosexual behavior.  Collectively numbing down people to the point where they will not even think twice about seeing two people of the same sex engaging in illicit behaviors together the same way we see it in prime time TV with heterosexuals.  Take for instance when in "Will and Grace", they introduced America to the funny, charming, kind,"token" gay guy.  Even as far back as my childhood I remember the headlines when Roseanne Bar kissed a woman on her TV show, "Roseanne".  Just in the past 20 years, from when I was 10, till now, its hard for me to even fathom what is being promulgated in the TV programing of all the major networks along with their commercials, think about it, "The New Normal", "The Modern Family", "The Good Wife", and not to mention on cable programming, like Bravo, where they showcase sodomy on about every TV program...or what about HGTV, in "House Hunters" when they follow a gay couple in their adventures of purchasing a new home.  Like I said not too subliminal there...

Now here I would say was an attempt by the TV industry to be subtle....I was watching TV and a NyQuil commercial (I can't remember exactly) came on, it showed two twin beds, with two men sleeping in them, they were comparing the two to the affects of the one man taking NyQuil and the other man taking some off brand.  Now, I am known to be a little bit of a conspirator so, you may think that of me in trying to connect this commercial with what is happening in our society, but you can't deny that it is a bit unusual...I'm just saying...isn't it interesting that they've come back to the "twin beds" strategy? 

Before long it will be normal for commercials to show to men in the same bed advertising some sleep medicine, and there won't be any confusion as to how those men are interacting....what a sad place we are in....

As a side note, the dumbing down of American, I think, has been caused impart by the TV industry. Its use of subliminal tactics to push certain agendas has allowed for the degradation of our culture to slip into where it is now. If I let Lizzie watch "Max and Ruby" which I think for the most part is an OKAY cartoon, you still have to watch out for ideas such as globalism and environmentalism....the show isn't really the problem, it's the commercials that make her a greedy Gus!! "Mommy, can I have that such and such toy...Mommy, can I get that for Christmas maybe?"  I have to be really careful....I try to fast forward them...

Welcome to America people!!  It certainly has become a wide open mission field...

No comments:

Post a Comment