Suited to a Tea


Welcome to my tea. Please, have a seat; let me pour you some Lady Grey; one lump or two; cream? ....


Thursday, February 2, 2012

There, Mommy's the Princess...





Today Lizzie was looking at the pictures I have as a screen saver on my computer.  I have pictures of my wedding day, I'm all dressed up, she points to the computer and says, "Look, there, Mommy's the Princess..."  There are few things in this world that are better than to know that in the eyes of my daughter I am a princess...I pray that I will always have that kind of influence in her life...

In the eyes of a child...such wonder, such innocence, such love; all untainted by the world. Simplicity with such trust.  Oh to be more childlike.  I love reading to my Lizzie stories about Jesus' love for her.  I love to tell her how He wants all to come to Him with faith such as hers, as a little child.

My prayer for Lizzie is that she will, in time, when all is right, come to Jesus for salvation...so that her life would be a reflection of God's most perfect will.  He created her for His good pleasure. Isn't there such peace knowing that the Giver and Sustainer of all life has given us a design to live out each of our days by.  Thank you Lord for that knowledge.  Thank you Lord for that hope.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet- the words of a child. They can be very perceptive. I was sleepy at work yesterday and one of my kids told me I needed to put some makeup on... lol! Kind of the opposite story, but still cute in its own way.

    ReplyDelete