Suited to a Tea


Welcome to my tea. Please, have a seat; let me pour you some Lady Grey; one lump or two; cream? ....


Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dear LIzzie: The Singing Giggle Princess

Lizzie just amazes me.  You know how it is with small kids, constant chatter boxes; balls of energy that giggle around you, really making life sweet, if we were to just stop and appreciate them. Lizzie is the same singing giggle princess...  she is constantly singing some song or is at my feet asking questions, like: what am I doing, or what is this or that, talking about whatever and asking if I'll play with her.  Finally, after a few minutes of this I finally stop what I am doing and ask her what it is that she needs.  She says that she wants me to put papers in her new care bear folder I gave her yesterday.  It was just the sweetest thing to see that this made her day, made her so happy and has now occupied her.  All she wanted me to do was put blank pieces of drawing paper in her folder so she could draw with it....what a silly kid....the simplest things make her so happy.  Sometimes, like today, I just need to stop what I am doing and listen to her... soon she's going to be grown up and I won't hear the songs of giggle princess anymore... I am so thankful to have this little girl as my eldest daughter. Thank You Lord...



2 comments: