Suited to a Tea


Welcome to my tea. Please, have a seat; let me pour you some Lady Grey; one lump or two; cream? ....


Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The List

Have you ever had one of those days where you feel like you didn't get one thing done? 

I remember when I first had Lizzie and was a full time stay at home wife and mom, one of the hardest things for me to do was to look at what I did (the every day chores and such) and see it as important...After my kids, I literally had to retrain the way I thought about each of my days (thank you feminism)...And realize that getting the laundry folded and weekly ironing done for the day was indeed an accomplishment.

If you've ever worked outside the home at all you can relate... When it comes to staying home with small children versus having a 9 to 5 job, the accomplishments really change. They are just as valuable, maybe even more even though at the time they seem, well sort of small...not unimportant but small...You've heard it said before, investing in your children isn't something you can measure. This is true because you can't measure the special moments that you have throughout the day with your kids, you can't measure the time when you get to see your child smile for the first time, sit up or scoot across the floor...or when they say, "I love you."... 

None the less,....even as I sit here, in my mind, I hear myself saying, "I didn't do much today!"  Then the voice of reason slaps me up side the head and says, "No Rachel....you did quite a lot!!"

Time to LIST it...

Nurse Bella 1:30am, 7:00am,
Change Diaper
See Mike off to work 7:27am,
Make coffee,
Pray {Lizzie enters my room, sits on lap while I read my Bible},
Take Lizzie to the potty
Make eggs with chepup {Lizzie word for Ketchup} and toast,
Clean morning dishes {and, oops! dinner dishes from last night},
Sweep floor,
Take trash out,
Take Lizzie to the potty
Bella cries, feed her oatmeal,
Change Bella's diaper
Dress Lizzie,
Do morning workout,
Get a call from Hubby: he wants me to do something,
Nurse Bella again,
Lunch time,
Feed Lizzie leftover Lasagna, eat,
Get pianist for special Wed,
Hubby comes home for lunch,
Lay Bella down for nap...
Dance with Lizzie to Veggie Tales theme song....
Do a task for Preacher...

And this is only the first half of my day!!
This always helps me...I can actually see what I've done. And in the end, it's all very worth it,  I'd say I'm blessed beyond measure...Thank you Lord for my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment